About Me

My photo
I've been a crafter for as long as I can remember. I think even when I was very young and watching my mother sew and crochet, I was storing information for future use. I've recently been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis, but despite that, I'm going to be a crafter forever.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

My First Shawl

 I’m always working on several projects at once so it was really hard to decide which one to start with. I don’t know why but the other day I got the urge to make a shawl. Maybe because I like the feeling of the past. It has always inspired me as an artist. For my first shawl I thought I would find a simple pattern. After doing some research I found the word “simple” just does not exist. However I did find a pattern that I thought I could handle. It’s a Wrap . Leave it to me to not read all the directions before I began. However, I was surprised by the pattern and surprised myself by doing some stitches that I have never done before. It’s not complete yet but I couldn’t help but share this photo of the variations in this pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment